HOW TO CARE FOR OUR CHEESE
- Always bring the cheese to room temperature before serving.
- When selecting cheese for a cheese board it is usual to go for cheese of
different milk types from cows, sheep or goat.
- Cheese should be served before the pudding as it does not taste as well after
the sweetness of a desert.
- Cheese keeps better as a whole cheese, so it is better to purchase a larger piece.
- Some cheese prefer to be kept cool and others warmer,
but most are quite happy between 8°C (45°F) and 15°C (60°F).
- The waxed paper we wrap the cheese in keeps the cheese in good condition
and allows it to breath to avoid the build up of excess moisture.
- Store the cheese in a cool pantry, cellar or in the refrigerator
preferably in the lower drawer.
- Do not store cheese with other strong-smelling foods.
- As a cheese breathes it will absorb other aromas and may spoil.
- The way a cheese is cut depends largely on its shape and size.
- The most important thing to keep in mind when cutting a cheese is to divide cheese so that everybody has an equal share of the inside and outside.